Back to Section III
Objectives: To develop listening comprehension skills.
To develop grammar.
To improve spelling and punctuation skills.
- Banks offer many different services, but one of the most helpful is the checking account. When you have a checking account, you can use checks to pay your bills. The canceled check is you receipt for the paid bill. Most banks have several different kinds of checking accounts. The bank charges a small amount each month for some checking accounts. However, there are some that gave no service charge. Banks usually require a minimum balance in such accounts.
- What is one of the services that banks offer?
- What can canceled checks be used for?
- Does it cost money to have a checking account? Explain.
- When do banks require a minimum balance?