Matching Lower Case and Upper Case
Back to Section IV
Objective: Match each lower case letter with its upper case equivalent.
- Overhead transparency of the worksheet.
- Overhead transparency projector.
- Large or small groups or individuals.
- This lesson should be preceded by a lesson in which the names of the letters are taught.
- Hand out the Worksheet to each student.
- Place the overhead transparency on the projector with only Exercise 1 revealed.
- Indicate that students are to match upper and lower case letters by beginning with the top letter on the left, finding the lower case equivalent and drawing a line from the upper case letter to the lower case letter. The teacher should model this procedure by putting a finger or marker under the top letter on the left and then by going down the right hand column asking "Is this it?" When the appropriate letter in identified, draw a line between the two.
- Have each student draw a line between the appropriate sets of letters on his own answer sheet. (If they need help they can look at the matched alphabets at the top of the page). Check the students' work.
- Repeat Steps 3 and 4 for each item in Exercise 1.
- Have students work through the additional exercise.
- Place on the overhead the transparency with completed exercises and have students check their work. (You could have students come up and complete the overhead exercise instead of the teacher if you wish.)