1. Write the number of the correct match for each item into the blank.
2. A faceter starts with a piece of rough stone.
3. Put an "x" in the box of all the correct responses.
What places have produced many beautiful gemstones?
x Sri Lanka
x Minas Gerais
4. Write the missing word(s) into the blank.
One of the easiest and most common types of minerals is quartz
5. Write the missing words in the blanks.
The art of cutting gemstones is called faceting. What the gem cutter or faceter does is cut many facets or faces on a stone.
6. Circle the letter of the correct response.
Once a faceter decides on a piece of rough stone to cut, what must he do with it?
7. Write the missing word into each of the blanks.
Some stones polish rather easily, and others are much harder to polish.
8. Circle the letter of the correct response.
What is the hardest part of faceting a stone?