Concentration with Letters
Back to Section IV
Objective: Match upper and lower case letters.
Write the numbers 1-16 or 1-20 randomly on the backsides of the flash cards. Arrange the flash cards in the pocket chard in a 4 x 4 matrix. For example:
- A 36": x 24": pocket chart.
- Eight to ten pairs of letter flash cards.
- Present the chart to the class. Tell them that behind each number is a letter. Their task is to match upper case and lower case letters, for example, "A" and "a".
- Take the first turn by having a student name two numbers and by showing the students the letters behind them. If they are not matched, turn the two letters face down again.
- Have another student choose two other numbers and try to match an upper case with a lower case letter. If he is successful he gets a point and the matched letters are left right side up. If not, the two cards are placed face down again.
- Repeat Step 3 with each student in the class. Continue until all letter pairs have been properly matched.