Professor of TESOL,
Applied linguistics, English teaching, L2 education, Linguistics, TESOL
- English Language 350: Basic Editing Skills
- English Language 376: TESOL Reading, Writing, and Vocabulary
- Linguistics 612: TESOL Graduate Practicum
- Linguistics 620: Research in TESOL
- Linguistics 631: Grammar Theory and Pedagogy
- Linguistics 640: Language Acquisition
- Second Language Teaching 602: Linguistics for Language Teachers
- Second Language Acquisition Research
- Second Language Writing
- Second Language Pronunciation
- Curriculum and Materials Development
- TESOL Teacher Training
- Second Language Measurement and Assessment
- Computer Assisted Language Learning
- Program Administration, Development, and Evaluation
- Hartshorn, K. J., Hart, J., & McMurry, B. (2019). Comparing language skill priorities among TESOL faculty and ESL students bound for English‐medium universities. TESOL Journal, 10(3), 1-18.
- Hartshorn, K. J., Evans, N. W., Egbert, J., & Johnson, A. (2017). Discipline-specific reading expectation and challenges for ESL learners in US universities. Reading in a Foreign Language, 29, 36-60.
- Hartshorn, K. J. & Evans, N. W. (2015). The Effects of Dynamic Written Corrective Feedback: A 30-Week Study. The Journal of Response to Writing, 2, 6-34.
- Evans, N. W., Hartshorn, K. J., Martin, T., & Cox, T. (2014). Measuring written linguistic accuracy with weighted clause ratios: A question of validity. Journal of Second Language Writing, 24, 33-50.
- Hartshorn, K. J., Evans, N. W. Merrill, P. F., Sudweeks, R. R., Strong-Krause, D., Anderson, N. J. (2010). Effects of dynamic corrective feedback on ESL writing accuracy. TESOL Quarterly, 44, 84-109.
- Andrade, M., & Hartshorn, K. J. (2019). International Student Transitions: A Framework for Success. Newcastle, England: Cambridge Scholar.
- Hartshorn, K. J. (2018). Curriculum development. In The TESOL Encyclopedia of English Language Teaching (pp. 1-8). New York: John Wiley & Sons.
Outside of the university, I serve on the editorial boards for the Journal of Second Language Writing and the Journal of Response to Writing. In addition to other editorial board assignments, usually complete ten to fifteen scholarly article reviews per year.
I serve on the four department committees including the Department Scholarship Committee, the ELC Online Instruction Committee, the Department Mission Statement Committee, and the TESOL MA Program Admissions Committee. I also serve on the College’s Awards Committee.