All of the faculty and staff directory listings are stored on the main college site and can be edited there. All changes that you make to faculty and staff listings on the main college site will appear on your individual department site.
Login to WordPress
(1) Type humanities.byu.edu/wp-admin into your navigation bar.
(2) This will take you to a CAS login screen. Enter your department’s credentials or your personal credentials if you have access. This will take you to the dashboard.
Editing Faculty and Staff Listings
(1) Click on “People” on the menu on the left-hand side. This will take you to all of the faculty listings for the entire college. To add a new person, click the “Add New” button at the top of the menu.
(2) The names are sorted alphabetically. Click on the name of the person you are looking for. This will take you to the information on their individual listing. Make sure that their name, NetID, department, and status are all correct.
(3) THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT: In order for this person to show up on your site, you must check your department’s checkbox in the Department section on the right-hand side (see below)
(4) To add or edit their photo, click the “Add Featured Image” box on the right-hand side.
(5) To delete a listing, click “Move to Trash” under the Publish section on the right-hand side. in addition to moving old entries to trash, you can also optionally unpublish them, which is good if you think someone might be coming back someday.
(6) After you make any changes, be sure to click the “Update” button on the right-hand side.